The Canton Police Administrative Division assists in the direction of long term activities for the police department to accomplish its mission and goals. This helps to ensure that department resources are used in the most efficient and effective manner. To do this, the Administrative Division has several functions.
- The Administration Division is responsible for coordinating police department efforts with other city departments, with other criminal justice agencies, and with the community.
- The Administration Division also works with regional, state and national organizations to enhance the ability of the police department to ensure the safety of all persons in the community.
- The Administrative Division is responsible for the logistics of the Police Department. This means that personnel assigned to the division prepare and administer the police budget and coordinate the computer resources with those of Federal, State, and County Governments.
- The Administrative Division also oversees all information and communications systems that are required to keep the police department operating effectively.
- The Administrative Division is also primarily responsible for providing support and coordination for all the department's Divisions and Units. This includes the development, implementation, and management of the department's rules, regulations, and policies, as well as maintaining all department records and documents, managing all department training through the Canton Police Training Academy. This is all done while managing department goals and objectives to provide the most cost-effective delivery of police service.
As you can see, The Administrative Division provides support for the entire department and also performs a number of specialized functions including implementing and maintaining the current fleet of police vehicles, police computers, the radio system, and security systems. The Administrative Division also oversees:
- The Administrative Coordinator's Office
- Departmental purchases
- The property bureau
- The records bureau
- Written policies/procedures
Bureaus & Departments
The Administration Division is made up of the following Bureaus and Departments: