Engineering (Non-Paving Program)
Major Road Reconstruction Projects
Mahoning Road NE Corridor Phase 2
- This project involves Mahoning Road NW from Nimishillen Creek to Grace Avenue. The work on this multi-year project includes widening and resurfacing the pavement, upgrades to storm sewer, sanitary sewer, and water lines. On street bicycle lanes, SARTA bus stops, and street lighting have been added. The bridge over Nimishillen Creek was completely reconstructed and a roundabout was installed at the Harrisburg Road intersection. Work is in progress and is scheduled to be complete by the end of June of this year. The cost of this work is estimated to be $9,531,000 and is paid for by City, County, State, and Federal funds.
44th St. NW Resurfacing and Waterline Improvement Project
- This project involves replacing the waterline and full-width resurfacing on 44th St. NE from Cleveland Ave. to Market Ave. N. The Work is in progress and is scheduled to be complete by the end of September. The cost of this work is estimated to be $1,806,000 and will be paid for by City and State funds.
13th St. NW Reconstruction Project
- This project involves 13th St NW from Broad Ave. to I-77 and includes full depth pavement replacement, new sanitary sewer, and installation of Streetscape elements on the south side of the street. Work is scheduled for September of this year through June of 2021. The cost of this work is estimated to be $1,197,000 and will be paid for by City and Federal funds.
Aultman Timken Foundation Cancer Center - Public Utility Relocation
- This project involves relocating waterline, storm sewer, and sanitary sewer to ensure that there are no conflicts with the Aultman Cancer Center which will soon be under construction. The affected streets are Arlington Ave SW (6th to 7th), 6th St SW (Arlington to Bedford), and Bedford Ave SW (6th to 7th). The Work is in progress and is scheduled to be complete by the end of June. The cost of this work is estimated to be $921,000 and will be paid for by City funds.
Flooding Control Projects
36th St. NW Storm Sewer, Street, and Water Improvement Project
- This project will address longstanding drainage and flooding issues on 36th St. NW from Frazer St. NW to Market St. N. A large storm sewer will be installed followed by new waterline, pavement, curb, and sidewalk. The project is expected to begin in fall 2020 and be complete by November 2021. The cost is $1,931,000 and will be paid for by City funds and State funds.
Fawcett Court Project
- This project is intended to alleviate repeated flooding events by installing three detention basins near the intersection of Fawcett Ct. NW, and Glen Pl. NW. The Work is in progress and is scheduled to be complete by the end of June. The cost of this work is estimated to be $172,000 and will be paid for by City funds.
3rd St. SE Bridge Reconstruction
- This project involved the bridge on 3rd St. SW just west of Warner Ave. The existing vehicular bridge was removed and a new pedestrian bridge was installed. The work is in progress and will be complete by the end of June. The cost of the work was $481,000 and was paid for by City and Federal funds.
Storm Sewer and Sanitary Sewer Projects
4th St. SW Storm and Sanitary Sewer Relocation Project
- This project involves abandoning and relocating sections of sanitary and storm sewer in an area bounded by 5th St SW, 3rd St. SW, Cecil Ct SW, and Newton Ave. SW. The work is scheduled to take place in June and July and the cost of the work is estimated to be $116,000 will be paid for with City funds.
49th St. NW Storm Sewer Rehabilitation Project
- This project involved rehabilitating the storm sewer on 49th St NW (Cleveland Ave to Cloister Ave) and Cleveland Ave. NW (49th St to 50th St). The work is complete. The cost of the work was $481,000 and was paid for by City and State funds.