#Change Starts With You!
Applications are now open through July 23rd, 2023! Apply here.
The City of Canton Police Department (CPD) is seeking individuals who wish to make a positive impact within the community they serve. CPD desires officers who will be community-oriented and encourages all to apply, with an increased emphasis on women and other minorities. The City of Canton Police Department strives to staff our Forces with Officers that mirror the Community for which we serve. Earn $51,500 Annually+Contractual Incentives!
Department Information: The Canton Police Department has approximately 160 Officers and 30 non-sworn personnel who are active in many facets of policing and are progressive in seeking the latest in technology and training to complete our mission of serving the Hall of Fame City. Our police family has the opportunities of a large city while instilling that unparalleled feeling of a small hometown. Opportunities for movement include Patrol Operations, Detective Bureau, K-9 operations, Community Involvement Unit, SWAT, Vice, Crime Scene Investigations, Real-Time Crime Analyst, Training Bureau, Federal Task Forces, and Metro-Narcotics operations. Promotional exams are conducted as positions are vacated. Our Officers are from all different backgrounds and serve in a variety of roles. They are making a difference and love what they do, and you could too!
- Paid Vacation
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- Clothing Allowance
- Physical Fitness Test Pay / Compensatory Time
- Ammunition Allowance
- Overtime for Special Events and Court
- Holiday Pay
- Longevity Pay
- Shift-Differential Pay
- The department will pay for the OPOTA certification
- Free gym membership to a newly remodeled department facility
- Ohio Police and Fire Pension Enrollment
Learn more about the Canton Police Patrolmen's Association by visiting the Human Resource page to view the Collective Bargaining Agreements. Or contact Human Resources directly at HR@cantonohio.gov.
- Age: 21 to 39 ( No officer will be appointed after their 40th birthday)
- U. S Citizen: Yes (or declared for citizenship)
- Driver's License: Valid driver's license
- Vision: Vision correctable to 20/20 with normal color vision.
- High School Grad/GED: Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Background: May not have any felony convictions
- College: Not required but a bonus will be added to your entrance exam for Associate's or Bachelor's degrees
- No Felony convictions
Get notified when the job is posted by completing the Job Interest Notification form.