#Change Starts With You!
Download the Police Recruitment Packet
The City of Canton Police Department (CPD) is seeking individuals who wish to make a positive impact within the community they serve. CPD desires officers who will be community-oriented and encourages all to apply, with an increased emphasis on women and other minorities. The City of Canton Police Department strives to staff our Forces with Officers that mirror the Community for which we serve.
Department Information: The Canton Police Department has approximately 170 Officers and 30 non-sworn personnel who are active in many facets of policing and are progressive in seeking the latest in technology and training to complete our mission of serving the Hall of Fame City. Our police family has the opportunities of a large city while instilling that unparalleled feeling of a small hometown. Opportunities for movement include Patrol Operations, Detective Bureau, K-9 operations, Community Involvement Unit, SWAT, Vice, Crime Scene Investigations, Real-Time Crime Analyst, Training Bureau, Federal Task Forces, and Metro-Narcotics operations. Promotional exams are conducted as positions are vacated. Our Officers are from all different backgrounds and serve in a variety of roles. They are making a difference and love what they do, and you could too!
- ge: 21 to 34 ( No officer will be appointed after their 35th birthday)
- U. S Citizen: Yes (or declared for citizenship)
- Driver's License: Valid driver's license
- Vision: Vision correctable to 20/20 with normal color vision.
- High School Grad/GED: Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Background: May not have any felony convictions
- College: Not required but a bonus will be added to your entrance exam for Associate's or Bachelor's degrees
The current application period closes on September 21st, 2021.